Friday 12 April 2013

Learning to walk

Learning to walk. It's something almost all of us have done, managed to make the transition from a baby crawling on the ground to a toddler pulling themselves up on furniture, and finally making those first tentative steps all on our own. We fell over numerous times, but kept getting back up, and eventually got the hang of it.

I really wish I had that persistence now. Since my first blog entry when I was so excited about going Paleo, I have since come crashing back down. Not only am I not sticking to the plan, I'm eating absolute crap. Pizza and home delivery have been my staples for the past week, and I'm kicking myself. 

Long story short (it's definitely one for another entry), I'm recovering from a very bad foot injury, which meant I needed to move back in with my parents for a large portion of the past 18 months. Just over a week ago I moved back into my own home but am still finding it hard to get around and shop, so I'm taking the lazy way out and ordering food in. I can feel a fair touch of depression kicking around in my heart as well, and food is my 'go to' drug for self soothing. Aaargh! Why does it have to be this way? No deep answers tonight, just wanted to express how I'm feeling on this bloody long journey.

Today I started reading "The Happiness Project". Will see what it's like, and hopefully I can get some tips on how to come up from this funk. In the meantime, I had some time in the sun this morning to boost my Vitamin  D, and am pysching myself up to do my tax prep tomorrow. I've been putting it off for so long, and I'm really hoping that getting that off my plate will do wonders for my state of mind!

I'm typing this with a cat stretched across my tummy - I'm blessed to have two wonderful moggies who give unconditional love. They definitely are good medicine, and remind me it's time to go get some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment